Basic Manners for Adult Dogs
Who's a Good Dog?
After the Good Dog! program, both you and your dog will have a foundation of great skills which can be applied to all the different situations, environments and adventures you’ll encounter in your lives together.
- Sit and stay
- Down and stay
- Come when called, even around distractions
- Leave it-ing
- Loose leash walking
- Much more including little daily habit changes that make a big difference to behavior
- How dogs learn - so that when you're teaching them, you can actually understand each other better
- Important life skills - the manners training that goes beyond the traditional sit and stay. So that you have skills you and your dog can use that you actually need in day to day life
- Obedience skills - so that when you ask something of your dog, they do it the first time, happily!
- A better relationship with your dog. And why wouldn't you want that?!
Jennifer Thornburg has 16 years in the dog industry from running a successful pet sitting and dog walking business, volunteering at her local municipal shelter, where she ran the playgroups and evaluated dogs for adoption to training dogs for service work. However, her heart has always been in training dogs and the people who love them.
Jennifer is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the CCPDT, a graduate of both CATCH Academy for Dog Trainers and the Karen Pryor Academy Dog Trainer Program, a rigorous certification program that requires continuing education and a pledge to train using force-free methods and techniques. She uses clicker training and positive reinforcement to solve problems and train dogs to a high level of reliability. She’s a Certified Fear-Free Trainer, a licensed Family Paws Parent Education presenter and a Pet First Aid/CPR Instructor. Jennifer has a Primary certification in TAGteach (positive reinforcement training for humans) for the purpose of working more effectively with human clients. She is great at finding analogies that the human students can understand and relate to.
When she's not training, Jennifer is trying to raise a good human who loves and respects dogs too. Jen enjoys time with her family and training her own dog to pick up things around the house and bring them to her.
StartConcept: Lures and Hand Signals
StartSkill: THE NAME GAME
StartConcept: Luring, Shaping and Capturing
StartConcept in Action: Shaping and Capturing Down
StartSkill: EYE CONTACT
StartSkill: LEAVE IT
StartHandling: Body Basics
StartTest Your Learning